Sunday 7 July 2013

Precious Memories

 
 
Hello again welcome and a special hello to my
 "Craft and Coffee" Ladies .It's Lovely to see you here.
As promised this morning I'm posting pictures of my little box.
I enjoyed making this so much. I hope you will all have a go.
 
I started with this little chipboard box that I bought at
"The works" It's a shop within Heighley gate Garden Centre.
 
 
They are sold as boxes but to me it said book
and I knew exactly what I would do with it.
 
I started by painting all the edges and the chipboard frame
 with white acrylic paint ( all I had at the time )
I stamped the frame all over with a text stamp using Victorian velvet
distress ink the same ink was used around the edges of the papers
which I downloaded and resized to fit.
The roses on the front are simple rolled roses and the
 hot glue gun did a bit of overtime ( love that gun )
The lace and pearl rope around the sides were easy to apply using hot glue.
I do find it easier and safer to keep lolly/ cocktail sticks
to hand to help push things into place when I'm using hot glue
(found out the hard way hot glue really is HOT )
A Gold dauber was the finishing touch around all the edges.
 
The bits are all from my stash and I have to say Thank You to Astrid
for the gorgeous papers she generously posts on her blog http://astridsartisticefforts.blogspot.com/
Your papers are always a pleasure to work with Astrid Thank You.
 
 

 
Inside showing drawer and mini book
The photograph on the front is my Mother in 1942
and inside my father in 1939
The book will hold some of my special thoughts.
 
Hope you enjoyed my little book box.
 hugs to all who need them
 
Brenda
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Love this box Brenda and hoping to make one of my own soon - got the blank one today. Really enjoyed the class this morning and been playing with my new stash this afternoon - in between watching the tennis. See you soon, love Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Love your book/box, what a lovely idea, it could be used for so many things, a real keepsake, lovely to hand down through the family.
    Sorry I have not been to craft group but will be back after the summer.
    I am enjoying the sunshine.
    Joan Cutts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Brenda, I've found you at last! Congratulations on your blog and your photography. Everything looks almost as good as it does in 'real life'. While I'm here I'd just like to say thank you for being such a real (and very patient) inspiration. Lesley D

    ReplyDelete